Monday, July 23, 2012

Come Back Mission - my host organization


After sending an email to my uncle Doug asking him if he knew of any volunteer opportunities in South Africa, he put me in contact with Cheryl from Come Back Mission in Johannesburg. My uncle said that he and my aunt had recently visited CBM for the grand opening of their women's center, one of their many great programs. [Here's his blog post about their visit]. I quickly emailed Cheryl and told her about work experience in HIV/AIDS for the past 15 years. She replied and said they could definitely use my help. Cheryl and the folks at Come Back Mission have generously offered to host me for the 2 weeks I'll be in South Africa. I will be volunteering with some of their programs, but I don't yet know the specifics. Honestly, it doesn't matter. I'm just going to help.

Come Back Mission was set up in 2007 to bring holistic healing and transformation to marginalised people affected by poverty, HIV/Aids and addiction to alcohol & drugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment